Arrival in Brussels.
We arrived in Brussels Tuesday morning to a very rainy city. However the weather cleared into a beautiful day that allowed for wandering about the city and tasting an afternoon snack of frites in Place Jourdan. Most of the day was spent settling into our apartments, which are actually much better than I expected from the horror stories of travelers past. An apartment with two showers and plenty of storage, I can't complain (if Blackwell was near and dear to my heart, than I have no doubt this apartment will be too)! Although we were tired from the day a few of us ventured to Place Flagey (the square at my end of Rue Gray). Allie and I enjoyed a delicious meal, complete with Hoegaardens, our first Belgian beer. A successful start to our life in Brussels.
Orientation.
The rest of the week has been spent in orientation mode. Wednesday we were introduced to Vesalius College (VeCo) with a full day of info sessions, tour of campus, and school sponsored "BBQ" aka bratwurst outside of a campus bar. Thursday was EPA day with a tour of parliament, our first jaunt around Grand Place (including a delicious sample of belgian chocolate and strawberry beer in a local pub - I think I prefer the non-fruity beer), and a delicious Belgian dinner at a touristy but still authentic restaurant as described by our wonderful EPA coordinator Keira. Both long days and I'm not sure how much of the info I've retained due to my jet-lagged state, regardless I'm loving this city.
Rue Gray - "The Street Where I Live"
No comments:
Post a Comment